Directives from the Ministry of Truth: Wenzhou High-speed Train Crash | China Digital Times (CDT)
Sounds so Faux-Newsy, so Murdoch-y:
Additional directives for all central media: The latest directives on reporting the Wenzhou high-speed train crash:
1. Release death toll only according to figures from authorities.
2. Do not report on a frequent basis.
3. More touching stories are to reported instead, i.e. blood donation, free taxi services, etc.
4. Do not investigate the causes of the accident; use information released from authorities as standard.
5. Do not reflect or comment.
Reminder on reporting matters: All reports regarding the Wenzhou high-speed train accident are to be titled “7.23 Yong-Wen line major transportation accident.”
Reporting of the accident is to use “ ‘in the face of great tragedy, there’s great love’” as the major theme.
Do not question. Do not elaborate. Do not associate. No re-posting on micro-blogs will be allowed! Related service information may be provided during news reporting. Music is to be carefully selected!