Friday, February 22, 2008

Texas Debate: Sharp Wonkette Is Progressive, Presidential

The Aussies got it right.

Via the Sydney Morning Herald:
Plucky Clinton gives Texas her best shot

February 23, 2008

WITH Texas shaping as her Alamo - a victory or death struggle - Hillary Clinton grabbed the last word in the latest CNN debate held in the Lone Star state.

For the first time in weeks the audience on Thursday night glimpsed the real Hillary Clinton: a determined, feisty, woman, who has the toughness to be president.

The question that prompted it: "What's the biggest crisis you've faced?"

"Oh," said Senator Clinton, looking heavenward, as the audience suddenly straightened in their seats. "Well, I think everybody here knows I've lived through some crises and some challenging moments in my life."

She was interrupted by applause. "People often ask me, 'How do you do it? You know, how do you keep going?' And I just have to shake my head in wonderment, because with all of the challenges that I've had, they are nothing compared to what I see happening in the lives of Americans every single day."

She talked of injured veterans she had visited in a rehabilitation centre in Texas. And how her faith had called her to serve the American people. [And won a standing ovation from the very pro-Obama crowd.]

But she had trumped her opponent, Barack Obama, who had just answered the same question, but did not light up the audience.

No comments: