Thursday, June 05, 2008

Over & Out: Every Man For Himself, Edition










Wednesday night

Dear No Blood for Hubris:

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign.

Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama.

The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I
will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have
shown me in the past 16 months.

And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. No unity. No support for Obama. No.

Wilson said...

No. I'm taking my vote home...if I can't have Hillary win, I'll vote for four more years of bloody war, four more years of lifetime appointed anti-everything Republican judges, four more years the lobbyists and corporations can stick it up our asses with no recourse, yeah, that's exactly what I will do.

This is not the third grade people, wipe off the tears, stand the hell up, brush your self off and get on with the reality of the situation. Hillary Clinton is a fantastic Senator who ran a superb hard fought battle for the nomination. It's over, Senator Clinton has endorsed Senator Obama as an adult steeped in the reality of the situation. Time to follow suit or bear the consequences. No insult intended.

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

Wilson:

Go to hell.

Go directly to hell.

Do not pass "GO".

Do not collect $200.

Wilson said...

I stand corrected, this IS the third grade. Bwahahahaha- your momma wears combat boots and dresses you funny, "pecker". See ya there!

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

By all means, Wilson, smirk and gloat and preen all you wish now.

Because I rather doubt you'll feel like doing any of that come Wed. Nov. 5.

The GOP/M$M Mighty Wurlitzer has barely begun to work on your Plastic Jesus, and they have many tunes to play.

Your Plastic Jesus thought HILLARY had claws?

The GOP has Wolverine's adamantium claws.

For the first time in my life, I think I'll enjoy the Mighty Wurlitzer's concert. :)

Anonymous said...

NOT third grade... more like junior high school at an all girl's school.

Filled with 'Mean Girls'.

Wilson said...

What is up with all the "fear" of the GOP? Obama took the best the Clinton clan could dish out and came out on top. Are you really trying to say that Flip-Flop McSame has more game than Hillary? The polls had no idea about 2006 elections, no idea about Obama in the primaries and certainly are not tracking with any certitude what's going to happen in November, which by the way show Obama with a steady 6 point lead.

It's funny how I've never heard from a single Obama supporter that they would vote for McCain if Hillary won? Why is it that? Because they're fucking DEMOCRATS! Hillary had a great run and a very graceful exit and I admire her and her husband just as much as when I voted for Bill during his election years. I really find it hard to believe that there are people in the Democratic Party that are so petty and veneal that they would throw away a vote for spite or out of fear. God bless your little hearts.

P.S. Blood for Hubris- no comment indeed, no time for fence sitting.

No Blood for Hubris said...

"no time for fence-sitting?

Wilson, are you scolding me?

Do you think scolding me will help?


"wipe off the tears"? "petty'? "venal'?

Is this how you're going to heal poor Unity Pony?

Just shoot the old nag and get it over with, dude.

Wilson said...

No I am not "scolding" you, I was merely being a smart ass as usual. It's not my place to either put the "Unity Pony" back together or "shoot the old nag", I didn't tear it apart in the first place. If Hillary had won the nomination, I would gladly and cheerfully vote for her, however that is not to be and I just thought there had to be some common ground between fellow Democrats, but perhaps that is not to be either. It's also not my place to kiss any ass...so yes, if you vote for McSame out of spite, in my lowly opinion it would be "petty" and likely "insane". It's your pony and your conscience, do with it what you will.

P.S. We have identical tastes in movies according to your profile, so maybe there is hope for reconcilliation one day if you can forgive my sarcasm. (That wasn't sarcasm)

No Blood for Hubris said...

Ok.

So you were not accusing me of "fence-sitting"?

It did sound so very, well, scold-y.

BTW I consider Hillaryists to be BETTER actual democrats as in being actual liberals, much more so than Obamists. In case you've been wondering.

So, if you are one -- why did you choose the more Republican of the 2 Democrats?

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

"I was merely being a smart ass as usual"--Wilson

I'll agree with the "ass" part.

"Smart", not so much.

Election races are ultimately team sports, Oborg. It's not McCain who's so formidable, it's the GOP/M$M attack machine that will be backing him up.

In 2004, that machine took a decorated combat veteran [Kerry] and made him look like a pinko traitor--which he was NOT--and made Chimpy Bush the deserter look like a patriot.

What do you think that machine can do with a candidate who has shown the poor judgement to hang out with a known, genuine pinko traitor [Ayers], and many other unsavory characters [Rezko, Wright, etc.]?

Obama may be a better "quarterback" than McCain, but the Pachyderms have had the better "defense" for years now. It's hard for even the best quarterback to make plays when he's always got defenders in his face while scrambling to avoid a sack--and Obama WILL always have the GOP in his face. We are only seeing the beginning of the attack ads, now that the machine operators know who their target will be.

For the first time, I will enjoy watching the machine work.

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

BTW, I do not belong, nor have I ever belonged, to ANY political party.

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

And as for Obama's 6% lead, at one point in the 1988 campaign, Dukakis led Bush Sr. by 17%.

No Blood for Hubris said...

Dear ivory bill woodpecker.

You are so totally frickin' kewl.



;))


I'm sure I could have phrased that better. but, you know, 'first thought best thought."

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

Thanx & same to ya, NBfH.