Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Playing the Apocalypse Card



Official No Blood for Hubris' prognostication on Dirty Bush's upcoming financial disaster cash for trash speech.

It will say:

Be afraid!

Be verry afraid!

DO EXACTLY WHAT WE SAY AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT.

(Update: one was right! BUSH: Bailout Now or Suffer More Later.)



But I'm thinking -- sure, Preznit Toad-Exploder, that fear-hype worked oh so well after 9/11 when the national psyche had wicked bad PTSD -- numbing and avoidance; hyperarousal (anxiety panic hypervigilance irritability angry outbursts insomnia tantruming aggression); flashbacks and nightmares.

Ergo = Rush to War.

But that was seven years ago.

Now, I'm thinkin' we're ready, and that it's now more like -- fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you can't get fooled again.

Eh?

------

Here's a great catch via democommie on Mrs. Palin, Head of Skate.

3 comments:

democommie said...

no blood for hubris:

Send me the $750,000,000,000 in unmarked tens and twenties and I will simply have everybody who disagrees with Mr. Bush's plan whacked. The figure I gave yesterday for how much we will all owe (29.18/month for 30 years) if this goes through will be increased by about 25% as about 1/5 of the populace actually believes this shit.

I'm stocking up on videos, oreos and teflon coated bb's for my daisy.

Anonymous said...

Congress is poised to roll over like a dog seeking its master's approval. They don't mind getting fooled over and over...

democommie said...

Here's a great MPalincCain ad:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1831461