Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Department of And Now For Something Completely Different, No Blood for Hubris Official Mental Health Interlude















This is George Orwell's grave. Look closely.
Is he spinning in it?

Fine article on inspiring experiential transcendentalist Harvard neuroanatomist Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, here.

Click through to her absolutely fabulous speech, Stroke of Insight, at TED, and watch it all the way to the end. Or just click here.

-------------------------------
The No Blood for Hubris Official Mental Health Interlude endeth here. I'm off to the hinterlands, unlikely to post. Talk amongst yourselves.

In the meantime, something really disturbing from Big Tent Democrat at TalkLeft. The point is to click through to the actual videoclip from YouTube, & watch and listen to the very end.

(I thought about writing about it, but it was really too disturbing. So I'm not. But I'm linking. That's what I do when there's something that is so disturbing that I don't actually want it on my blog, and how disturbing might that be? Very. Really. Sexist, racist, don't want to go there right now, but you should see it. Primary sources, gotta love 'em. )

"Thanks -- for the Vitriol!" scroll down.
Taking the FITH -- the divine series "Are You Fucked In the Head?"from vastleft at Corrente, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what was so disturbing? A Roman Catholic white priest voiced his opinion in a black church about Hillary Clinton and her sense of entitlement. I, too, thought that she believed that her nomination was a given and when the Obama campaignkept winning, she felt betrayed because she felt she was entitled to win. Please enlighten me on how this speech could be disturbing unless you have a problem with black churches having opinions on politics like Hagee and Robertson certainly seem to do as white ministers.

No Blood for Hubris said...

I have a problem with the priest making a vile sexist, racist speech.

I have a problem with the congregation cheering a vile sexist, racist speech.

I have a problem with any presidential candidate considering a church where racism and sexism are cheered, his chosen place of worship.